We believe that investments can be directed to provide solutions to global challenges. Measuring the social and environmental impact of our work is a rewarding challenge. We measure impact in several different ways.
- We seek to invest in companies with a significantly lower ecological footprint (water, waste, pollutants, and natural resource use) than what is found in the average investment portfolio.
- We seek to influence corporate behavior by voting in favor of important social and environmental initiatives that are brought to shareholders by corporations.
- We have initiated and participated in shareholder resolutions causing changes in corporate policy on important social and environmental issues.
- We select community development banks, credit unions and loan funds to support local community investment.
- Over the past three decades we have participated in hundreds of events, conferences, and university programs to educate others about social and environmental investment issues.
- We support non-profit organizations seeking to improve social and environmental challenges.